Tuesday, January 18, 2011

little leighton

well she is finally here! and we are loving having a little girl and watching ollie with his baby sister.
my due date was 1/11/11...but she missed that date. the dr said she didn't want to wait long to induce me, so she scheduled us for friday 1/14/11 at 6:45am. i was nervous about it and hoped i would go into labor naturally. thursday night came around and still nothing. so i went to bed and prayed that i would go into labor that night- specifically i prayed, "lord, it would be great if i go into labor tonight, like at 2am and then we wait a little and go in and then i don't have to be induced. further along in my prayer i said, "maybe not 2am..4am would be a little better, so i could get some more sleep"
be careful what you pray for because just about 2am (1:56am) i felt my first contraction and i thought to myself, "this feels like the real deal." sure enough 3 minutes later another one came along...they were about 30 seconds long so we waited a little while. watched a rerun of jimmy fallon and every time i laughed i thought the baby was going to come out, so i thought it was time to go...
at about 4am came the 40 minute ride to the hospital came and i felt every bump and turn! we got to the hospital and everyone was calm and taking their time...until the nurse checked me and said i was dilated to 8 already! and said we better get this show on the road if want epidural. then things really picked up and then about 2 hours and 5 pushes later she was born at 6:51am!!!! 6 minutes after we were scheduled to come in for my induction.
she was 8 pounds 3 oz and 20 3/4 inches long! big girl! i say it was all the yummy treats i ate over the holidays:)
it went perfectly! praise the lord for answered prayers...even if god didn't take my revised time into account:)

meeting my daughter
meeting daddy
she likes to stick her tongue out a lot
mommy, daddy and leighton
ollie meeting his sister. love that smile:)

4 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Great story, Quinn! Sweet answer to prayer :o)

Nicole said...

God is good! What a beautiful story and beautiful family!;)

STEPH said...

Congrats Quinn!! She is beautiful! I'm so glad your labor went so smoothly!
I went into labor the day before I was supposed to be induced with Wylie...I was very thankful that my body decided to do it on its own (after having to be induced with Audrey). This time I'm hoping my water will break...that way I will have experienced it all!
Your family is adorable! Good luck to you guys...and get your rest!

Unknown said...

Amazing. God's little miracle. But I thought you were going with "Melany" for a name?! lol. Love the pictures of your beautiful new daughter Q! Muchos Congratulations!!